Okay, you’ve read my bio but here are 25 things you may not know about me. 🙂
1. During summer camps when I was young, I was a yo-yo and ping pong champion (and I still enjoy ping pong).
2. I sang in choir in 6th grade and thought it was real cool.
3. In 7th and 8th grade, I played saxophone and was in the jazz band.
4. Between the ages of 25-34, I was a fanatic about body building and finished in top 2000 out of an estimated 50,000 people in the Body for Life competition in 2002. I still keep in good shape but not like that.
5. I have flat feet (grrrr…more of a challenge as I’ve gotten older especially when I do my Insanity workouts. (see my very first Insanity fit test – here.)
6. I originally cut my hair bald during college for a fraternity event then noticed I actually started going bald shortly after (I also had first child at 22 – Hmmm, coincidence? lol)
7. I dropped out of college to pursue entrepreneurship, but went back and finished my degree in finance in 1996 from UNLV.
8. I was born and raised in Las Vegas, NV and still call it my home.
9. My favorite burger is a Sin City burger found at Smash Burgers.
10. You’re most likely to find me in sweats or sportswear outside of work. (I love casual).
11. I don’t drink much but my favorite wine right now is Pinot Noir.
12. I love the Food Network (Chopped, Iron Chef, Diner’s Drive Ins and Dives – heck damn near every show…lol)
13. I don’t know if I love eating out more than I love cooking for my family. Tug of loves here.
14. I’m a huge fan of the Lakers, Rams and LA Dodgers (but I love pretty much every sport)
15. I call San Diego my second home.
16. I love coffee.
17. My favorite place I’ve traveled to thus far is Spain. (Can’t wait to go back.)
18. I’m a member of lifetime member Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., the UNLV Alumni Association and my company is a donor to the UNLV Foundation.
19. I’ve been a student of personal development and success since age 19 and due the time I have spent driving in business, I’ve listened to over 27,000 hours of audio training…I love keeping my brain healthy.
20. When I was a kid, I had to be home by the time the street lights came on. (Dad was strict).
21. The things I love most to do for leisure is travel, play golf and read by the beach. I’ll even travel just to play golf and read by the beach.
22. I’m really a simple guy who likes simple things done well.
23. I have failed more times than I can count and I’m still here. (Failure is okay)
24. I’m not a guru, just someone who wants people to leave the ordinary and pursue the life they’ve always wanted.
25. I love my life, my family and my Lord and do this for the life I want them to have.
I was inspired to do a post like this from a few other online entrepreneurs I’ve seen create a page like this for themselves.
There’s really only one way to get to know me further and that’s by connecting with me here on the blog, on social media or by live communications which I’m open to. I’d really love to learn more about you especially if you are looking to sharpen your mind, improve your skills and pursue your dream life.
Listen to The MindShift Podcast on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Spotify, YouTube or anywhere you typically listen.