Here are three reasons why you should listen to the complete episode:
- You'll learn how to leverage the benefits of rest.
- Discover the framework behind Alyson's book, The Sabbatical Method.
- Find out how to insert a micro-dose of rest in your daily life.
Alyson Caffrey's Backstory
- Alyson started operations out of college and helped grow early-stage startups.
- She realized her work's impact when the company's founder asked her to have a 90-day transition period to build operational systems.
- She becomes a mom and a professional organizer for businesses.
- After giving birth, she caught herself responding to emails about work.
- Then she knew that she needed to focus on creating systems and business that function and thrives independently.
What is the goal of the 90-Day transition of building systems
- Lay an operational foundation.
- Understand each core function.
- Have internal transparency.
Why unicorn hire can be damaging for early-stage businesses
- Businesses optimize based on the unicorn hire.
- Not considering the micro skill sets for a unicorn hire is equivalent to full stack salaries down the line.
- When the unicorn hire leaves an organization, it can mean a business setback.
How to have a business operation continuity plan
- Instead of operating out of fear, create transparency to allow the business to break itself.
- Systematically prepare by plugging people in.
- Create a sense of trust within the team.
- Understand expectations and what decisions to make.
How to build trust in your team
- Have good SOPs and solid consistency.
- Create clarity behind the scenes.
- Dosing the business of micro hits of Aly rest.
- Have focus and priorities in life and business.
Alyson's different ways of recuperating energy
- Alyson describes herself as a horrible meditator.
- She loves running and yard work.
- The 90-90 principle practice for deep work.
- She explains the importance of going back to the basics.
The Framework of the Sabbatical Method
- The sabbatical method is like the hard 75 of business.
- 2 types of sabbatical: Unattainable & Voluntold
- People need to implement and leverage the benefits of strategic rest.
- Rest is a way to rebuild stronger muscles.
3 Sabbatical Method Personalities for building good SOPs
- The Assister, passing the screencast muscles.
- The Trainer creates agreements with teams and transfers trust.
- The Board member set everybody's focus.
Alyson's tips for creating a micro-dose of rest
- Take Alyson's Quiz: How to know if your business can function without you
- Have a 20-minute quick mental rest and reset.
- Be committed to having a schedule, and don't be committed to the schedule.