Do you feel like you poured everything you had into your brand messaging, but it isn’t attracting the right people? Maybe you don’t know much about messaging, and you need a little help crafting the perfect message. You’re in luck if you are ready to revisit your messaging to attract the right people!
After more than a decade in the New York City public relations world, Amanda Berlin now uses her pitch powers for good. She helps entrepreneurs step into their presence, create a story that inspires others, and spread their message in the media.
Here are three reasons why you should listen to the complete episode:
- You will learn about the three big problems entrepreneurs and businesses face with online visibility.
- Amanda shares how she helps solve visibility problems for entrepreneurs.
- Learn how you can develop strategic partnerships, produce events, speak on stage and communicate through the media.
The first big problem business owners are facing in their visibility
- Entrepreneurs and business owners don’t have the proper messaging.
- Their language is too jargony, too complicated, too much in the solution and insufficient in the problem.
- Sometimes there is not enough detail for them to resonate with people who need their help.
- Their entire brand messaging needs to be revisited to land with the right people.
When you don’t get your messaging right
- If you don’t get your messaging right, you miss an opportunity to create a relationship with a potential client or partner.
The second big problem business owners are facing in their visibility
- They are not approaching their opportunities intentionally.
- They don’t know which relationships or prospects are going to benefit.
- They are not considering what options are going to move the needle.
- Business owners need a strategic eye to go deep into their visibility efforts instead of going wide.
The problem with shiny object syndrome
- The big reason for being seen everywhere and trying everything is that you dilute your brand equity.
- If you are seen everywhere, anyone can get a piece of you at any time, and that perception tarnishes the brand.
- The second thing that happens when you are seen everywhere is that you’re putting too much energy toward getting every single opportunity.
- When the opportunity doesn’t result in the conversion you’re looking for, it begins to chip away at your morale. It doesn’t give you the energy you need to continue pursuing visibility.
The third big problem business owners are facing in their visibility
- They’re failing to activate the audience.
- Business owners need to deliver content that will activate the audience to take action to move to the next phase of their relationship.
- They must deliver a compelling call to action and weave that into the content they are offering as part of their visibility opportunities.
- Doing this the right way feels like an effortless next step for the audience.
Defining a call to action
- A call to action is an intentional declaration of what you want the audience to do next.
- It can be as simple as “go follow me on social media.”
- It invites the audience to take action based on what they’re hearing.
Amanda’s background in helping entrepreneurs solve these three big problems
- Amanda has been working in the PR and marketing space for 22 years.
- For 12 years, she worked in the big PR world in New York City.
- She has worked with PR agencies serving some of the biggest brands and notable celebrity spokespeople.
- Amanda found a way to develop that skill set into tactics that work for online business owners.
- For the last ten years, she’s helped entrepreneurs translate these tactics into strategies that work for small business owners, medium-sized business owners, and solo-entrepreneurs to help them get out there in front of the right people.
How Amanda helps solve these problems
- Amanda has a framework for visibility that she works through with every client.
- Together, they start with the foundation around all the messaging.
- Next, she helps her clients figure out the best way for them to be visible through developing strategic partnerships through allyship, producing events, and speaking on stages and in the media.
3 Powerful Quotes from this Episode
3:01 – “We need to devise messaging that resonates with the right people.“
3:53 – “Relationships are the bedrock of every prolonged client engagement, every long term profitable relationship you may create starts with that initial engagement.“
6:23 – “Once you get aligned with your messaging, you need to deliver content that’s going to activate the audience to take action to move to the next phase of their relationship with you.“
About Amanda Berlin
Amanda has created a library of template guides and trainings. She works one-on-one with clients to guide them to strategic story-telling and media relations based on her 12 years of experience guiding strategy for major brands in the corporate world. Amanda and her clients have been featured in all types of media.
She’s the host of The Empowered Publicity Podcast. She loves arming soul-powered business owners with the ideas and skill-set they need to go from hidden industry gems to recognizable trusted experts.
Connect with Amanda Berlin
Enjoying The MindShift Podcast?
Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts. While there, please leave a 5-star rating and review. Also, if you haven’t done so already, join the free MindShift Community to connect with other like-minded people. Don’t forget to tag me @mrdarrellevans on Instagram.
Thanks for listening,