The Transformative Power of Peak Personal Fitness with Eric Evans
Do you know that my baby brother is an incredible, no, excellent and successful personal trainer? I am proud to have Eric Evans as my guest this week as we discuss his 12-week training cycles and how they can benefit everyone, from professionals behind a desk to professional and Olympic athletes.
We talk about movement, nutrition, ideal times, and taking the guesswork out of workouts. I am personally going through this myself and can’t wait to share my results with you. If you are looking to become more healthy, my brother is the man to guide you there.
Here are three reasons you should listen to the complete episode:
- Eric’s energy and passion for health are contagious.
- Learn the goal of his steady job of 15 years - it hasn’t changed.
- Discover why each of the four-week cycles is borderline perfect.
Coca-Cola & Anheuser Busch
- Eric’s powerlifting career began when he worked at Coca-Cola and his passion took over when he worked at Anheuser Busch.
- A co-worker at Coke told Eric what he can lift is just not “normal” and introduced him to the sport of powerlifting.
- At Anheuser Busch, if Eric finished early, he’d go to the gym and work out. Higher-ups didn’t love the idea of an employee on company time, in company clothes, and in a company vehicle at the gym.
- He avoided it for as long as he could (48 whole hours) but it was his passion and he just couldn’t stay away from it.
Eric’s Educational Accomplishments
- Two semesters away from a bachelor's degree in business management, Eric switched his major to kinesiology.
- From there he received credentials and became a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist with The National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) which allows him to work with professional and Olympic athletes.
- Still wanting to be the best of the best, Eric went through the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM). They are the standard when it comes to health and fitness.
Ideal 12-Week Cycles
- The first four weeks of the cycle is the Anatomical Adaptation (AA) cycle. This gets you off the couch and back into shape.
- The second cycle is the hypertrophy cycle. This is designed to lean up, tone up, build muscle mass, maintain muscle mass, and help sculpt your body.
- The third four-week cycle has the ability to increase your strength through strength/HIT training.
- End goal: you get your workout habits down, your nutrition dialed in, and have gotten a ton of results. The next step is to decide if you want to keep working on them or maintain those results.
Macro vs. Micronutrients
- Macros is short for macronutrients which are fats, carbohydrates, and proteins. These carry energy.
- Micros is short for micronutrients. These are vitamins, minerals, and amino acids and are found in fruits and vegetables.
- Micronutrients help your body produce energy from the macronutrients. Together they paint a complete nutrient picture.
Socials, Why following EEtheTrainer is in your health’s best interest
- Eric is on and IN his social platforms motivating, coaching, supporting, guiding, and inspiring his followers every day!
- Engaging with Eric will get you in shape, fit, and achieving your goals.
Listener EE the Trainer Special Pricing Offer
- $150 for you for the ENTIRE 12-week cycle.
- This almost 67% discount includes a daily super-structured, workout. As well as supplement recommendations and loads of nutrition discussion.
What Eric would like to be remembered for
- Eric wants to be remembered for his energy.
- Eric wants to be remembered for his energy.
3 Powerful Quotes
08:40 – “If you are driven, all you need is the right guidance. If you are motivated, you need someone to give you direction, and then to instruct you and give you the details.”
32:33 – “I'm not a huge fan of overhauling someone's nutritional habits. I am a fan of taking what's on the table now and seeing where we can start to start to make adjustments and see where we can start to make improvements slowly but surely.”
59:53 – “I'm successful. I know success. We expect success, and we're okay with success. Period. I know success. I expect success, even in my clients. And we're okay with that.”
About Eric Evans
Eric Evans is a leading expert in the field of physical fitness with over 20 years of experience helping people achieve their ultimate athletic and personal fitness goals. Eric is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA) and a professional member of the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM). He has trained Olympic champions to professional athletes, from college athletes to high school student-athletes, from competitive recreational athletes to hundreds of individuals who just wanted to look and/or feel better and develop a healthy lifestyle. Eric was the strength and conditioning coach for the Denver Outlaws for seven seasons.
MindShift Listener Special Pricing Offer Here
Connect with Eric:
Enjoying the MindShift Podcast?
Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts. While there, please leave a 5-star rating and review. Also, if you haven’t done so already, join the free MindShift Community to connect with other like-minded people. Don’t forget to tag me @mrdarrellevans on Instagram.
Thanks for listening,